Re: What is DBMS_SQL??

From: Johannes Reitermayer <h8751814_at_obelix.wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: 1995/05/06

donaldl_at_planet.net wrote:

>I have seen a few references lately about a package called dbms_sql.
>I don't have any documentation on this package. Is it available as
>a standard package for Oracle 7.0? If so, where do I find it?

>Any help would be appreciated. It sounds like a useful utility.

as far as i know \rdbms71\admin\dbmssql.sql is only supported under oracle 7.1 (but i saw the same file under 7.0).

there is a good article 'dynamic sql comes to pl/sql' in oracle magazine march/april 1995, p.85 explaining what you can do with the package dbms_sql.

oracle ships release 7.1 with a handbook called 'oracle 7 server documentation addendum'. chapter 7 'dynamic sql' explains this package.

the package dbms_sql is the reason why i switched our server and all our clients to release 7.1. it's now possible to write pl/sql procedures which execute an sql-statement which is generated at runtime against any data-structure.

if you need any further information about dbms_sql or don't have oracle magazine let me know. Received on Sat May 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message