Re: Looking for C Compiler Recomendation for ProC on OS/2

From: Giles Heron <gheron_at_clear.co.nz>
Date: 1995/05/05

In <3oatsb$811_at_wpl.wpl.com>, Starr Larry G <a00048_at_mailhub.wpl.com> writes:
>We are currently running a ProC application on OS/2 Version 2.10.
>
>The Application is currently being maintained with Microsoft C 6.00,
>( 16 bit ).
>
>I am looking for recomendations for a 32 Bit Compiler available for
>OS/2 for use with this application, which will provide reasonable ease
>of porting from the Microsoft code.
>
>Thank You in advance.
>
>--
>= Larry G. Starr | =
>= a00048_at_mailhub.wpl.com | =
>= Phone (608) 252-3471 | =

I'm using IBM's CSet++ v2.1 with Pro*C 1.5 (using the OCI) and it all seems to work OK. I've got a problem with Pro*C and DLL Exit processing, but I think Pro*C 2.0 may fix it.

If you buy CSet now they'll give you a free upgrade to v3.0 when it comes out in a couple of months. V3.0 has a visual builder and other neat toys.

It might also be worth you looking at SMART (Source Migration Analysis Reporting Toolset) to help you with your port. It comes with the Devcon CDs and is designed to help port 16 bit code to 32 bit.

Giles Heron           Clear Communications, Auckland, New Zealand
gheron_at_clear.co.nz    ph +64 9 912 4462     fax +64 9 912 4176