Oracle --> ASCII Dumper program?

From: Stephen McHenry <stephen_at_prism.kla.com>
Date: 1995/05/05

I'm trying to find something that would dump an Oracle database to an ASCII format. Specifically, it would read the database (at least one user's schema) and create all of the "CREATE TABLE... CREATE INDEX... CREATE <whatever>..." statements that is necessary to recreate it - *including* INSERT statements to populate the tables. Ideally, it would do as complete a job as export/import, but the resulting file(s) (the equivalent of expdat.dmp) would be editable ASCII text.

Does anyone know of such a beast in either (preferably) something obtainable from the net or a commercial product?

We have several situations in which export/import doesn't do what we need because we need it in ASCII.

HELP???? Thanks in advance.

Stephen
stephen_at_prism.kla.com Received on Fri May 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message