Re: ORACLE EXTRACTS (The answer)

From: ST700_at_DELPHI.COM <(ST700_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 1995/05/05

btreuman_at_elmwood.com (Bob Treumann) writes:

>Joe Gard (76546.2161_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
>: Is there a way to extract data from an ORACLE table to a flat file. The file
>: must be readable (ASCII) not what you get from an EXPORT. I have not found
>: any ORACLE provided utilities to do this. Are there 3rd parties that do this ?

>rem !# Creates a SQL*Loader data file containing data description and
>rem !# data.

[MUCH STUFF DELETED] Wow! That's quite a script. You (Joe) might also want to investigate SQR, a versatile product which can write reports, do all your database processing (updates, inserts, deletes etc) and can write to and read from flat files. If you want I can email you the vendor's address (their name is MITI)

Steve Turner Received on Fri May 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message