Re: Version 7.1.6 & SQLNET 2.3

From: Ralph G. Young <ryoung_at_ischemia.ucs.ualberta.ca>
Date: 1995/05/04

>If you just want encrypted passwords Oracle7.1, client and server software
>might be sufficient. SNS has the added value of encrypting the entire
>SQL*Net data stream which can be more important than just hiding the
>password.
>
>Roderick Manalac
>Oracle Corporation
>DISCLAIMER: My time, my opinions.

Dopey me. I forgot to mention that part.

Yup, SNS encrypts the entire data stream. We beta tested it. Hung sniffers, logged data... could not read a thing. Good stuff.

There is an article in PC Week (April sometime... I think... Maybe March) where my supervisor is quoted. She had nothing but praise for it.

Ralph Received on Thu May 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message