Re: Version 7.1.6 & SQLNET 2.3

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/05/04

ryoung_at_ischemia.ucs.ualberta.ca (Ralph G. Young) writes:
|> > As for SQL*Net 2.3 -- isn't that encrypted passwords over the net?
|>
|> I think if you want encrypted passwords you will have to purchase
|> Secure Network Services (SNS) from Oracle. It works and it works well.

If you just want encrypted passwords Oracle7.1, client and server software might be sufficient. SNS has the added value of encrypting the entire SQL*Net data stream which can be more important than just hiding the password.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation

DISCLAIMER: My time, my opinions. Received on Thu May 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message