Re: Oracle 7.1.4 & Solaris 2.4

From: David Windstrom <dwindstr_at_sirius.com>
Date: 1995/05/04

In article <ANDY.CAIGER.95Apr27092054_at_yacorba.res.bbsrc.ac.uk>, Andy.Caiger_at_bbsrc.ac.uk (Andy Caiger) wrote:

+ In article <3n1k9c$slq_at_pith.uoregon.edu> Don Lamb
+ <dlamb_at_adm.sps.lane.edu> writes:
+
+ >During the install, Oracle wants to know the
+ >location of the libXm.a library. The problem is that Solaris 2.4
+ >ships with version 1.2.3 of the Motif libraries, which are dynamic
+ >not static.

+
+ I have recently done exactly the same. It seems to link quite happily
+ with the dynamic libraries.

I'm about to install Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4, and saw your post. I do not have EITHER libXm.a OR libXm.so in the Motif libraries that were install. I DO have a libXmu.a AND a libXmu.so. In fact, all the dynamic motif libraries seem to have their "a" static equivalents in my installation. Do you guys mean libXmu.a? Any clues about the discrepancy?

The package I installed is called SUNWmfrun, which is the Motif Runtime libraries provides on the Solaris CDROM. Pls email me directly. Thanks!

--
David Windstrom + DW Enterprises = mailto:dwindstr_at_sirius.com