Oracle RDBMS V7.1.4 on HP and Oracle Clients on Windows NT 3.5

From: Tadi Prasad <prasad_at_see.tay.dec.com>
Date: 1995/05/03

Hi,

We are developing an application using Oracle. We have the following environment.

Oracle rdbms 7.1.4 running on HP-UX 9000/715.

SQL*NET V1.1 and Pro*C on on Windows NT

SQLPLUS 3.1, Pro*C V2.0, SQL*NET V2.0 and SQLForms 4.0 on Windows Clients.

I am having problems in connecting the SQLPLUS 3.1 clients to the RDBMS. I am getting the ORA-3121 ERROR. I tried various methods suggested in the Manuals and also the Oracle WEB HOME page. But no use. Still I am stuck with the problem.

I started LISETENER and ORASRV on HP systems. I did connect to DBMS server from sqldba client from Windows NT. I also connected to DBMS server using SQLPLUS client from SUN machines. So I assume that the Network is OK.

Can someone advise me what are the DO's and DON'Ts on this kind of setup. Problem # news:NEWTNews.2900.799034832 is also similar.

Thanks in advance.

Prasad Received on Wed May 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message