Re: shutdown on AIX

From: Blv n Drms <blvndrms_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/05/03

Mark,
I recently experienced the same problem on my Sun system. It turned out that when I ran a job through cron no environmental variables were loaded ..like $ORACLE_SID or $ORACLE_HOME or my path. Also my cron ran as C-shell instead of Korn Shell like I needed. To get around these problems, we setup the scripts to have the first line "#!/bin/ksh" . This told it to start the script under the kornshell and we also had the first line of our cron script run a file containing all the needed environment variables ". /etc/local/environment". Sounds like you may be having similar problems.

Jack Richter
Jack Richter Received on Wed May 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message