Re: Forms 4.0, Go_Item and Triggers

From: Hugh Coomes <hcoomes_at_nynexst.com>
Date: 1995/05/02

In article 3nC_at_bailey.com, mas_at_bailey.com (Mitchell A. Slater) writes:
>I am writing a form with a trigger that validates the contents of a
>couple of fields against each other. I would like to have this trigger
>highlight the item box in the form of the item that needs to be fixed
>rather than the first item in the block. Unfortunately, I can't use
>GO_ITEM in this trigger. How can I do this???

One way that works for me:

Set a global variable to the name of the field that failed validation. Then in a block level When-New-Item-Instance trigger test the global variable and do a go_item if not null. (Dont forget to set it to null.) Received on Tue May 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message