Re: Problems with moving data out of system tablespace in Oracle

From: <michel.lalonde_at_sit.ulaval.ca>
Date: 1995/05/01

In article <3o1548$7uh_at_nms.telepost.no> jaahaug_at_telepost.no (Jon Anders Aas-Haug) writes:
>From: jaahaug_at_telepost.no (Jon Anders Aas-Haug)
>Subject: Problems with moving data out of system tablespace in Oracle
>Date: 30 Apr 1995 23:05:44 GMT

>We want to move data from systemtablespace to other tablespaces. We find
>this difficult to do. Do anyone now the solution to this problem.

If you want to move table SCOTT.T from tablespace SYSTEM to tablespace OTHER:

export the table,
drop the table,
alter user scott default tablespace OTHER, alter user scott quota ... on OTHER,
alter user scott quota 0 on SYSTEM,
import the table.

Michel Lalonde :-) Received on Mon May 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message