Re: SQL Question... Boolean Logic

From: Carol McCullough <mcculc_at_maui.net>
Date: 1995/05/01

sjohnson_at_math.scarolina.edu (L. Scott Johnson) wrote:

>dvick_at_lanier.com (Don Vick) writes:

>>In article <ggrieffD7BDn4.84x_at_netcom.com>,
>>Greg Grieff <ggrieff_at_netcom.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I have the following table:

 I want to return the unique values for docid that match boolean logic
>>>combinations of keyword values. For example, if I ask for all vaules for
>>>docid that have keywords, apples and oranges, I get the answer 1. I
>>>would like standard order of operations to apply to the values that I
>>>search for in keywords. And, (this is the difficult part) I would like a
>>>single SQL (non-PL/SQL) statement that does this.

Your question is nearly identical to the one posed in another article. Please look at the follow-up reply I placed in this same newsgroup under "RE: help with query" from Chuck Hamilton. I think it will work for you...it involves using a series of subqueries and the "Exists" clause.
+carol+
Oracle consultant via the internet
my home page: http://www.maui.net/~mcculc   Received on Mon May 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message