Re: MS Access with Oracle

From: kbarnes <kbarnes_at_iadfw.net>
Date: 1995/04/30

> I have done this many times, it should work without problems.
> ORA6WIN.DLL is not the good one, you should have an ORA7WIN.DLL.
> You are probably using an old ODBC driver. The current version of the Oracle7
> ODBC driver is 1.11.0.2. This driver is bundled with Personal Oracle or can be
> downloaded from Compuserve.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Mark

How have you done this? We cannot get Access 2.0 to connect with the Oracle 7. drivers at all. I can connect with SQL*PLus, and the ODBC test program. Access reports invalid buffer length or two _Task communication error.

Thanks,
Kevin Received on Sun Apr 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message