Oracle Forms Question

From: Maxim Kholmyansky <max_at_silver.mercury.co.il>
Date: 1995/04/27

Hi,

I am new to Oracle Forms programming, and I hope somebody can help me with the problem I face. I am working with Forms 4.0 .

I have a block in which table of empoyees is displayed (with vertical scrollbar). I wish to add a push button control, pressing on which will scroll the table, and bring the current record to be THE EMPLOYEE WITH THE HIGHEST SALARY DISPALYED NOW IN THE BLOCK.

This should be done wihtout asking from the user to enter any query. Scrolling records in the table one-by-one is not acceptable solution.

Yes, I know about GO_RECORD(line_number), but how can I find the number of required record? Is there any way to loop over all the records in the current block?

Also, if I would know the last query done in the block, I would be able to repeat this query directly to the database, and find the record with the highest salary. But: I found system variable with the last query for the whole application. Is there any way to get the last query per block?

Any hint will be highly appreciated.
Also, if you know from your experience that the task is not possible, this is also valuable information for me.

Please post here, or e-mail to: max_at_mercury.co.il

Thank you in advance,

                Max.

Max Kholmyansky
Software Developer