Re: 16MB 486SX OK to run PO7?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/04/27

In <mike_schuler.7.0009EBF0_at_mindlink.bc.ca> mike_schuler_at_mindlink.bc.ca (Mike Schuler) writes:

>I hate to load the CDROM only to find out the machine is too small
>Anybody try to run such a combo (with 100 MB HD). Besides, I need
>to get another 8 MB of ram to do this anyway.
>Mike Schuler - software developer
>IBX datasystems limited
>Vancouver - CANADA

I was unable to load PO7 on an 8mb system with 131mb HD space available. The message I got was that I didn't have enough memory. Even the installation instruction booklet that accompanies the CD specifically says that you need 16mb RAM. I don't know why it's being advertised differently unless they've changed the requirement since I purchsed my CD (about 2 months ago).