B-TREE management under Oracle AIX3.2.5

From: Yen Bach-Faraldi <faraldi_at_montrouge.sc.slb.com>
Date: 1995/04/27

We have a performance problem due to I/O requests on an index. Our index is composed by two columns ( number(19), date ). Our B-TREE is composed by 215458 Leaf/blocks, 3698 Branch/blocks. We have 7398854 LEAF/rows.
Our block size is 2048 Bytes.
Our application is working on an RS/6000 580 Our index's access is completely random, so we do not have a lot of chance for working with database buffers in SGA and the worst is that Oracle's DBWR is always reorganizing his B-TREE. Does anybody have an idea to improve our performance or do you think taht we reached the highest oracle's performance ??? Any of your comments are welcome. Received on Thu Apr 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message