Re: MicroSoft Strikes Again

From: Simon Paul <73302.1014_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1995/04/27

James,

Whilst I can see your point, I feel you are somewhat misunderstanding why businesses exist....

>>Never do business with anyone who says that the directors of a
company's first
duty is to make money at all costs. This may be a strategy for some
shareholders, but other shareholders may want the business to persist, so they
can make some money tomorrow as well as today.<<

You tell me of one company that was started to make a loss as long as the customers were kept happy! Sure a company has to keep it's customers happy but that is a part of the Directors strategy to make money. Therefore, the Directors prime motive is to make money. To do that they have to stay in business and to do that they have to have some happy customers etc etc...

Simon Paul } Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants Dataforce Computing

--
Simon Paul                   }  Oracle & Oracle Financials
Dataforce Computing          }  Consulting anywhere in USA.