SQL problem

From: Morten Stubberud <mstubb_at_oslonett.no>
Date: 1995/04/27

I'm trying to assemble an SQL sentence selecting student records where students have/don't have a specified course (one to many relation). I'm trying this:
Select distinct studreg.studno from studreg,coursereg where courseno (not) in (x,y,z...)

Selecting a student having a specified courseno. works fine, but selecting a student that doesn't have a specified no, only works when the student has only one course registration.

How can I make the SQL statement work for students with multiple courses?

Thanks

Morten Received on Thu Apr 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message