Re: Dropping an INVALID function/procedure...

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/04/26

Curtis Hanson (chanson_at_gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: I am trying to drop a function created through SQL*Plus (AIX
: 2.1.4.0.0). While the function itself does not depend on any other
: functions its status is 'INVALID'. I've tried dropping it both as
: myself and as SYSTEM but SQL*Plus just goes off into La La Land
: leaving me sitting there twiddling my thumbs...

: HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS THING!!!

Check to make sure that the object is in your schema. If you want to remove it as system, make sure that you specify the schema the object belongs to:

     drop <SCHEMA>.<FUNCTION>;

Good luck :_)

Jonathan Received on Wed Apr 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message