Re: Dropping an INVALID function/procedure... <SOLVED>

From: Curtis Hanson <chanson_at_gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: 1995/04/26

chanson_at_gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca (Curtis Hanson) writes:

>I am trying to drop a function created through SQL*Plus (AIX
>2.1.4.0.0). While the function itself does not depend on any other
>functions its status is 'INVALID'. I've tried dropping it both as
>myself and as SYSTEM but SQL*Plus just goes off into La La Land
>leaving me sitting there twiddling my thumbs...

>HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS THING!!!
   Try killing the 'dead' sessions that result when the PL/SQL lexical analyzer and parser fuck up big time and disconnect SQL*Plus from the server.

        ep

| Curtis Hanson (chanson_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca), a Motif apprentice    |
|    The desire to be ``discreet'' and unaggressive is a product     |
|    of the closet.  As a tactic, it simply doesn't work, because    |
|    homophobes aren't closeted about their homophobia.              |
|            M. Signorile, _Queer_In_America_                        |