Re: HELP ! HOW TO INVOKE FORM FROM PO7 ?

From: Richard A. Wark <warkr_at_vanadium.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 1995/04/26

Julia,

   No, you didn't miss anything. Actually the Personal Oracle 7 product is just that....Oracle 7. This gives you the RDBMS, SQL*loader (import/export utilities), account utils, ODBC stuff and a few other utilities including SQL*Plus. There are no Forms products, CASE products, or reporting tools. Only what was advertised.

   Those Oracle folks are pretty smart and giving away products such as CASE (a $5000+ product as of the 5.1 release w/tools) would not only be "giving away the store", but would also make those of use who purchased these products feel a bit silly.

   It is possible that if you're already an Oracle customer, your Rep. may find it in his/her heart to give you a 30 day evaluation copy of the Developer 2000 suite (formerly CDE2) it is really slick and stable. ---
Richard A. Wark
Computer Science Corp.

San Antonio                  warkr_at_vanadium.brooks.af.mil