Re: BALLPARK PC Performance

From: pconnors on BIX <pconnors_at_BIX.com>
Date: 1995/04/26

pfraser_at_iconz.co.nz (Peter Fraser) writes:

>OK it scores several million on the vague scale but
>is a half million record Oracle database unreasonable on a
>Pentium Novell server with sufficient memory?
>Serving 4 clients.
>Not much to go on I know -but any comments appreciated.

>PETE
>pfraser_at_manukau.govt.nz

If it's a dedicated server, and you don't bog down your network moving all half-million records at once, it shouldn't be too bad.

Get a book called "Oracle Database Tuning" if you can. Very good reference! (As usual, it's at work and I'm not when I need the author and ISBN number...) "Oracle PERFORMANCE Tuning" is the correct name. (I better go to bed...)

    =
-Pat Connors Received on Wed Apr 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message