Re: Oracle buys System Ma

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_phantom.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1995/04/26

In article <3msiev$ksh_at_panix.com>, hecker_at_panix.com (Jared P. Hecker) writes:
> Meanwhile, in a space-time continuum unknown to Earth,
> donnab_at_intermec.com wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure that EcoTools won (our EcoTools sales rep
> > said they had just gotten the account).
> >
> Um, Donna, you may be right or the salesman may be engaging in what is
> euphemistically referred to as 'customer motivation'.

The following is part of a new release of the announcement. EcoTools won.

 ORACLE CHOOSES COMPUWARE ECOTOOLS TO MANAGE WORLDWIDE DATA CENTERS      FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., April 18, 1995--Compuware Corp. today announced  that Oracle Corporation, the world's leading supplier of information  management software, has purchased Compuware's EcoTOOLS systems management  software to monitor and manage its internal data centers worldwide.

 Oracle will use EcoTOOLS to ensure the availability of over 200 production  UNIX database servers in its Redwood Shores, Calif., data center and other  data centers around the globe. Oracle chose EcoTOOLS as a key component in  its strategy to monitor and manage the critical resources of Oracle's widely  dispersed computer systems -- hundreds of ORACLE databases, thousands of PCs  and UNIX-based computers from multiple vendors and TCP/IP networks.

--
 _____       ________ / ___ |Tony Jambu, Database Consultant
  /_  _        /_ __ /      |Wizard Consulting,Aust (ACN 065934778)