Re: MS Access with Oracle

From: Mark Vandenbroeck <mvandenb_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/04/25

monika_at_ml.petech.ac.za (Monika Calitz) wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with using MS Access on the PC with Oracle 7on
>UNIX. We are having trouble getting Access to connect. It reports an error with
>the ODBC driver. We are using ORA6WIN.DLL. Is this the right driver, or do we
>need another one and where can we get hold of one? If you have any solutions
>for us, please e-mail me at : monika_at_ml.petech.ac.za.
>Thanks

Monika,

I have done this many times, it should work without problems. ORA6WIN.DLL is not the good one, you should have an ORA7WIN.DLL. You are probably using an old ODBC driver. The current version of the Oracle7 ODBC driver is 1.11.0.2. This driver is bundled with Personal Oracle or can be downloaded from Compuserve.

I hope this helps,

Mark Received on Tue Apr 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message