Re: BALLPARK PC Performance

From: Dan Daley <Dan_Daley.FEDERAL-MOGUL_at_notes.compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/04/25

OK it scores several million on the vague scale but is a half million record Oracle database unreasonable on a Pentium Novell server with sufficient memory? Serving 4 clients.
Not much to go on I know -but any comments appreciated.

PETE
pfraser_at_manukau.govt.nz

We currently have an Oracle database on a Novell 486/66 server with a table that contains between 4 and 5 million rows and the users are satisfied with the performance. At one time the same table had close to 20 million rows though and the users were somewhat less than satisfied with the performance then. Received on Tue Apr 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message