help with compiling Pro*C w Borland

From: Phil Melendez <pme_at_crash.cts.com>
Date: 1995/04/24

I am having a problem when trying to link a simple 'C' program. I am using Borland's C++ version 4.5 and Oracle for windows version 7.0.16. The 'C' program is very simple. All it does is connect to Oracle using the 'EXEC SQL CONNECT' statement and print a message to the screen if there is an error.
I ran it through the Oracle pre-compiler with no problems. It compiles successfully with no warnings using the BCC command from the DOS prompt with the
following switches: -c, -ml, and -WS. Then I try and link the program using the following statement:

BCC test1.obj corewin.lib coreowin.lib sql15win.lib ora7win.lib

This gives the error: Undefined symbol _sqlcex in module test1.c The contents of the TURBOC.CFG file are as follows:
-IC:\BC45\INCLUDE
-IC:\ORAWIN\PRO15\C
-LC:\ORAWIN\PRO15\LIB
-LC:\BC45\LIB

I've tried specifying the path of the libraries in the 'BBC' command line but I
get the same result. I'm not sure why the linker cannot find this symbol. According to the Oracle documentation for Pro*C, I am using the correct switches for compiling and linking using the Borland product. Does anyone have
any suggestions? Received on Mon Apr 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message