Re: unable to get data into oracle

From: Blv n Drms <blvndrms_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/04/24

Robert,

I had the same problem with transferring the data from a Tandem to IBM RS/6000 Oracle DB. I found a great tool called Data Junction. It also handles packed data, MSB/LSB switching, bit encryption, various word sizes, ebcdic, binary, hex, ascii, data translation, record restructuring, just about any data manipulation/translation you can think of and best of all it features direct connect between DB2 and the Oracle Engine...(it uses sqlloader for efficiency)...It runs on almost any platform/operating system and is so easy to use even us lowly non-programmer types (dba's and QA) can set it up for data migration/translation. Last I heard it was around $700 for a 3 user license on Unix...a darn cheap tool that considering the programming time it saves you.

later mater..

Jack RichterI Received on Mon Apr 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message