Re: Data Loading Performance Issues

From: <jpope_at_mojo.europe.dg.com>
Date: 1995/04/24

Amit Srivastava (amit_at_miller.cs.uwm.edu) wrote:
: Hi,
: I have several thousand records that need to be loaded
: into a table. However, the data is all in a flat file. The data
: also needs to be massaged and other info. needs to be looked up before
: I can insert these records into the table.
: My question is:
: Is it faster/better to use sql-loader load all the data into a temp. table
: and manipulate the data say, using pl/sql and insert in finaly;
: Or, use pro*c read in the records from the data file lookup the reqd.
: info and then insert the records?
: Thanks in advance.

: --
: _/_

 PRO*C will be far quicker - the embedded SQL interface is pretty efficient. Received on Mon Apr 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message