Upgrade V6 to V7 (HP 9000); Forms 3 to 4; Reports 1.1 to 2.0

From: Bethan Roberts <bethan.roberts_at_nl.eds.com>
Date: 1995/04/23

We are investigating the possibility of taking an existing system based upon V6 (AIX 3.1) and Forms V3.0 and SQL*Reportwriter V1.1 as a starting point and upgrading it to V7.1, Forms 4.0 and Reports 2.0

The big question facing us is would it be more sensible to re-write the application using CASE 5.1 generation given that:

(a) we don't own the existing system; we'd have to buy it,
(b) we'd probably have to modify some of the old forms and reports,
(c) we don't know much about the forms & reports in a technical

    sense

Could anyone advise on the ins and outs of:

(a) migrating to V7 (HP/UX) from V6
(b) migrating V3 forms to V4
(c) migrating V1.1 reports to V2

What are the pitfalls, how much work does it really involve; in your experience, does each form and report require modification at a manual level; if so, how severely and in what arenas.

Thanks in anticipation Received on Sun Apr 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message