Reducing the size of tablespace in Oracle 6

From: (wrong string) ühlmann <tok_at_sni.dk>
Date: 1995/04/23

I'd like to reduce the size of one tablespace in a larger database. However I'm a bit worried about lossing grants, indexes etc. The tablespace in question has only one table . I'm running on Oracle 6.0.36.1.1 on this database. Here's what I've planned to do, please comment on this.

  1. export full, everything for security reassons
  2. export the table in the tablespace with data and grants
  3. export full, everything ( no data though but with grants )
  4. delete table and tablespace
  5. create tablespace with new size
  6. import single table with data and grants
  7. import full export file ( no data ) with grants

Will this work ?

Tom Krühlmann
tok_at_sni.dk Received on Sun Apr 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message