Re: Control Number of Records returned?

From: Telerate <tlrapro_at_hk.net>
Date: 1995/04/23

In a previous article, the author suggests that one could use ROWNUM to restrict returned rows, e.g.

	select * from a
	where ROWNUM between 51 and 100

Well, this DOES NOT WORK! The result is that no rows will be returned because the test for > 51 will fail immediately. We have had to modify our application (qualify our search further) in order to have ORACLE7 returned a subset of the rows (without fetching each and every one) from a select. If there is a better way, please let me know. Oh how I wish I had Sybase!

Regards,
Bill Received on Sun Apr 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message