Re: Changing the name of a column

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 1995/04/22

In article <D7ECM2.H5A_at_cerc.wvu.edu>, vedula_at_h.cs.wvu.edu says...

> Could somebody tell me how I would change the name of a column . Any
>help would be appreciated .

You cannot do it directly or in one step. you can:

  1. use sqlplus COPY to create a new table with new column names, then drop the old table and rename the new one; or
  2. create a view with new column names, and a synonym of the view which has the name of the original table and which yields the view. -- Dave Mausner Braun Technology Group d-mausner_at_nwu.edu