Re: SpreadSheet >>> Oracle DB ??

From: Benjamin A. Taub <btaub_at_izzy.net>
Date: 1995/04/22

In article <RLPA80-1004951630470001_at_maffeo1.sps.mot.com>, RLPA80_at_email.sps.mot.com says...

>What is the best way for an individual user to put data
>that is in a spread sheet (Excel, Lotus (Mac, DOS)) into
>an oracle DB running on a remote host?
>
>I would like to let my users use their familiar spread
>sheets to organize their data. Then I want to be able
>to let them load that data into an Oracle DB from
>which I will perform my systematic data edits and
>then either load the data into my production data base
>or tell them to try again.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>

>John-Reed

I have, in the past, copied data from a spreadsheet to the windows clipboard, and pasted it into MS Access. If you connected MS Access to Oracle via ODBC this should solve your problem. It's not elegant but, it should work as long as you are talking about a manageable amount of data.

--
Benjamin Taub
DSS and Data Warehouse design, development & project management