Re: MS Access interface to Oracle 7

From: Aali Ansari <ansaria_at_as1001>
Date: 1995/04/21

Masood Haroon (mharoon_at_uh.edu) wrote:
: Does anyone have any experience using MS Access as a front-end
: with Oracle 7 as the back-end data-base server.

: We are running Oracle 7 on a Novell network and would like to use
: MS Access for user-interface.

: Appreciate any comments and suggestions.

i am also interested doing this. i just started looking into this subject as of NOW. We are using Oracle7 on VMS, and wish to use Access as a report generator. Since we are using VMS, the Oracle Server is accessed using DECNET. I am not sure if the Oracle Server can talk TCP/IP and DECNET. I believe MS-Access only talks TCP/IP ... Checkout http://www.microsoft.com for more information.

Please post/mail any information that you find here ... thanks
: Thanks,

: Masood

aali Received on Fri Apr 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message