Longest TAR contest

From: George Dau <gedau{mim/isamail}_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1995/04/21

I had an interesting problem - I was trying to create a new database called ACP on a box already running an instance with a sid of FCS. I could not, the system complained that ACP was already running (it wasn't). Called ORACLE, they said my sid was wrong - I thought of thay myself ages ago - and eventually to try deleting both sets of control files and re-creating them. Did this, no good, ORACLE will get back to me. Spoke to a friend in Brisbane (Queensland, Australia) who also had a go. No luck, but it did come up as ACP1 instead of ACP. He told ORACLE, ORACLE advised him the problem was because ACP and FCS resolve to the same internal hash number - thus the problem. I rang ORACLE to let them know and close the TAR - my response from ORACLE when I rang? - "That TAR is already closed" Nice of them to let me know/ ask me if it was resolved first! Received on Fri Apr 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message