Need advice for ODBC/Oracle

From: Stephane Lentz <lentz_at_emi.u-bordeaux.fr>
Date: 1995/04/20

Are there any ODBC/Oracle experts around ? I need information about a Oracle7 (Unix) / PC applications connection through ODBC. Could someone tell me :

  • which ODBC (free/commercial) drivers are to be used
  • whether ODBC 2 should be used
  • how to import/export data through Access, Visual Basic, C++
  • which connections are allowed (software ?)
  • the advantages/disadvantages of ODBC
  • if it's better to developp applications using Access, Visual Basic, C++ rather than using extraction tools (efficiency, speed ?)

thanks, in advance

--

Stephane Lentz			lentz_at_aliboron.emi.u-bordeaux.fr