Re: locked records

From: Dave Boswell <bd860_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/04/20

In a previous posting, Greg Buniak (greg_buniak_at_colpal.com) writes:
> Help, due to my lack of knowledge about ORACLE 7, I managed to lock a
> table and now am unable to "UNLOCK" it. Can someone provide me with any
> suggestions about what to do? At this point operations are denied with the
> message
> "ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified"
>
> --
> Greg
> Internet: greg_buniak_at_colpal.com

If its really locked and the commit suggestions don't work, get the SID and SERIAL# fields from v$session and issue a ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION command. This sometimes takes a while as Oracle has some cleaning up to do, but the object is eventually freed.

Another point of view, Dave Boswell Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message