Re: Manually Replicating a Database

From: Barry Roomberg <barry_roomberg_at_iacnet.com>
Date: 1995/04/20

In article <3n3fvs$muc_at_cobia.gulf.net>, bong_at_fwb.gulf.com (Kevin Bongiovanni) says:

>I like it. Exporting the changes from the first database. Replace it
>with the second database and then updating the database with the export.
> Finally, replacing the second database with the first one. Both are in
>sync.
>
>Now, will this work.
>
>(Monthly syn)
>Total Export database one.
>At the end of the month do an increment export.
>Replace database with the second database.
>Import change data using the incremented export.
>Now, First database is updated.
>etc etc
>
>What ya think (trying my southern talk) :)
>
>Kevin
>bong_at_fwb.gulf.com

I think "ya'all" in trouble.
Imcremental export will export tables that have had the data changed, NOT JUST the changed data! If you change 1 record in a 3 gig table, the whole table will be exported. Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message