Re: EXCEPTION with Personal Oracle, Code: 0xC0000005, HELP

From: Stephen Newhouse <aj583_at_lafn.org>
Date: 1995/04/20

In a previous article, ulb_at_muc.de (Uli Beitat) says:

>Hi,
>did anyone solve these problems: When trying to install
>Personal Oracle7.1 in Windows on a new 486-PC these errors
>appear:
> WIN32s - ERROR :-<
> Oracle71.exe :-
> Unhandled Exception detected :-
> (Code: 0xC0000005 Unknown: FFFFFFFF) :-
> Application will be terminated :-
> [OK] :->
>It's with 20MB RAM, permanent swap space of 60 MB, with smartdrv
>and without also, ....several configuration variations....

You're going to have to provide more information. PO7 is VERY termpermental with other software. I've had trouble with it depending on the memory managers, versions of DOS, the windows software you've got installed (and drivers in SYSTEM.ini). Thought you had a usable product?

Okay, first, try removing TSR's
Then, try using HIMEM without EMM386
Then, try an older version of DOS (I got 5.0 to work but not 6.22)
I've even had to install a completely new version of Windows with no other special drivers installed in SYSTEM.ini! That was the most successful, by the way. PO7 has some real problems with other software.
(Don't expect Oracle to admit it, though, they have a policy against acknowledging bugs until they have out a new release). Good luck! Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message