Re: Text Searching in Oracle?

From: Simon Spencer <sspencer_at_trl.oz.au>
Date: 1995/04/20

In article <3mm6sj$2g2r_at_venere.inet.it> davide.migliavacca_at_inferentia.inet.it (Davide Migliavacca) writes:
>From: davide.migliavacca_at_inferentia.inet.it (Davide Migliavacca)
>Subject: Re: Text Searching in Oracle?
>Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 16:14:58 GMT

>What I know:
>TSS (part of Oracle7 World Wide Web Interface Kit, available from
>www.oracle.com) --> indexes text and gives match

>Fulcrum (Fulcrum Technologies, Canada) -> full-fledged full-text
>search systems which may be attached to Oracle databases.

>Dave H <dheissner_at_thomtech.com> wrote:

>>Are there any third-party products available which provide text search
>>capabilities for Oracle data? Has anyone does this and what would be
>>a good approach to take?

>>TIA

>Davide Migliavacca (aka shari)
>Inferentia S.r.l., MILANO IT
>CIS: 100016,2335 Phone: +39 2 599281

How about Oracle SQL*Text Retrieval 2.1 or the new version Oracle Text Server 3.0 which has parallel text indexing capabilities, thesaurus support, support for virtual text tables and is extremely efficient and speedy. (Or at least 2.1 the version that we are using is!)

Simon Spencer
Project Manager
Zeus MultiMedia Project (Corporate Wide Text Retrieval Project) Telecom Australia
s.spencer_at_trl.oz.au Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message