Re: LONG datatype/rpt

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/04/19

S Mould (smould_at_festival.ed.ac.uk) wrote:
: Does anyone know how to handle LONG datatypes
: within rpt ? As far as I know the max length of
: an rpt alphanumeric is 255 chars and it is not
: possible to substr LONG datatypes ? How would
: you print out the contents of a LONG field in
: rpt ?
You should be able to get the entire contents of the LONG field into the report by specifying that the item in the report wrap.

As an interesting sidenote, when I used version 1.1 of reportwriter and we did this with a long field, if the contents of the long field caused the report to go over a page break, the report would run until the entire available disk space was filled with garbage. I haven't had the chance to see if this still happens in version 2.0 or 2.5...

Hope this helps,

Jonathan Ingram
jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu Received on Wed Apr 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message