(no subject)

From: Cindy Bilger <cbilger_at_bucknell.edu>
Date: 1995/04/19

I'm posting this message for a colleague. Please direct your responses to dhuff_at_bucknell.edu.

We have just purchased SCT's Banner (all but Alumni) and are considering installing it on a SUN SparcServer 1000/e dual cpu platform. We are curious if there are others out there using SUN and this particular platform?

Have any of you upgraded from a single processor to dual cpus or higher?

What increase in performance did you see through the upgrade? Could you expect to see twice the through put going from 1 to 2 cpus, etc..?

Would you like to reconsider your choice of hardware if given the opportunity?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Richard A. Huff                         Internet:  Dhuff_at_Bucknell.edu
System Integrator                       Telephone: 717-524-1789
Computer and Communication Services     Fax:       717-524-1790
Bucknell University
Lewisburg, PA 17837