Re: COMMIT affect CURSOR operation

From: Bill Manry - MainframeBmanryIntegration <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/04/19

Ken Q. Yu (yukq_at_bernstein.com) wrote: [...]
>Now, the question is, the insertion is occur while the cursor opened
>(fetching), once I commit the insertion inside the loop, it also close
>the cursor as a result of commit. Is ther a way to around this.

Oracle (the RDBMS) does not close cursors on a commit. There are precompiler options that cause the runtime library to close some or all cursors automatically when commit or rollback is issued. See the doc regarding the precompiler MODE option.

/b

Bill Manry - Mainframe and Integration Technologies - Oracle Corporation Standard disclaimer applies. Received on Wed Apr 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message