table with rows>10000000

From: Saad Ahmad <sahmad_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/04/18

If I want to archive information and the data can grow to outrageous numbers > 10,000,000; would it be benificial to break up the table into smaller tables, or the numbers in this neigbourhood no problem for Oracle.

The hardware is a uniprocessor HP-40 with Oracle 7.

(If the information is broken up we might have to use UNION  for some of the reports).

If anyone has tables in this neigbourhood, I would be interested in knowing their average indexed query times, and index rebuild times; even if the hardware is different.

* Saad Ahmad *
* McHugh Freeman & Associates, Inc. *
* Ph: (414) 798-8606 Ext. 457 *
* Fax: (414) 798-8619 *