Re: Front Ends for Non SQL Users

From: pconnors on BIX <pconnors_at_BIX.com>
Date: 1995/04/17

bhunger_at_richmond.infi.net (Bill Hungerford) writes:

>We're trying to come up with some nice fromt ends to our ORACLE customer
>repositories which will allow marketing people the ability to write
>queries against the DB without SQL knowledge. We are looking at tools
>like Data Browser, IQ, Delphi, etc. We envision a search routine along
>the lines of "Customer Balance>1000 AND Behavior score < 400..."

>We had developed some of this on Gupta SQLWindows, but have decided that
>there must be a better way.

>Any opinions out there?

>Thanks, Bill Hungerford

I have limited exposure to outside tools, but in our shop we have people whose training is essentially medical or secretarial doing successful queries using Oracle Data Query.

-Pat Connors AZ Dept of Health Services
(this was NOT ADHS policy, but you probably guessed that). Received on Mon Apr 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message