Re: Oracle Stored Procedures (?)

From: Ian Abramson <sensfan_at_magi.com>
Date: 1995/04/14

jglickma_at_lynx.dac.neu.edu (jon glickman) wrote:

> Can anybody recommend how to return a result set from a Oracle
> stored procedure... There is an example of this on page 2-68 of the
> PL/SQL manual... basically I need to return all the rows from a
> select (select * from scott.emp) ....
>
> Jon
> jglickma_at_lynx.dac.neu.edu

Jon,

   Sorry can't be done with Stored Procedures in PL/SQL.

   Why would you want to do this anyway? With the SQL Shared Pool select statements execute more efficiently.

   There is a way to return data sets with PB 4, but this seems to be a "work-around" that PB has come up with.

Let me know what you come up with,

Ian Abramson     Received on Fri Apr 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message