Re: bug using greatest() in pl/sql user-written functions in server release 7.1.3.4.0, ORA-1403: no data found

From: L Carl Pedersen <l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu>
Date: 1995/04/14

In article <3meo1q$11m_at_ns1.unicomp.net>, thrash_at_delphi.onramp.net (David R. Thrash) wrote:

>In article <l.carl.pedersen-1004952021190001_at_kip-2-sn-497.dartmouth.edu>
>l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu (L Carl Pedersen) writes:
>> it appears that the GREATEST function does not work properly in a
>> user-written function.
>>

>[chomp]
>

>> we're on VMS 6.1. i would report this thru proper channels if oracle
>> would allow us to do so without charging us extra.
>
>I did a search of Oracle's bug database and came up with 11 hits on
>"%greatest%". I don't think Oracle needs your input.
>
>You'd be well advised to pay for, and learn how to use, support on a complex
>product such as Oracle's RDBMS. Its very probable a patch is available
 to fix
>this purported bug.

don't patronize me. we're into oracle for several hundred kilobucks and we have had support since 1988, but they want to charge us extra for "metal" support. without this we can't email bug reports. we could use RTSS, but that's an enormous pain for us. we're all on an ethernet that's on the internet. most of us don't even have modems.

i report bugs for two reasons. 1) in case another customer is having trouble because of it. 2) in case oracle doesn't know about it (i know they usually do, but it costs me $$ to find out.) why should i have to pay $$ to do favors for other people??? that's why i post bug reports here - and will continue to do so until oracle wises up.

i wish others would report bugs here, too. it took me an hour to isolate that one. Received on Fri Apr 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message