Oracle Financials ?

From: jon glickman <jglickma_at_lynx.dac.neu.edu>
Date: 1995/04/13

Can anybody give some advice about having a Corporate database that holds all our data that our homegrown applications should be designed to run cuncurrently with the oracle financials... Right now we have table and column that do not match the financials and is very inflexable ... If we mirrored subset of the oracle finacial tables (if gl-codes table in the Oracle Financials db has 30 column and used 20 out of 30 in our corp db and they were exact mirrors) we could sync the dbs and our development efforts ... Can you use the migration tool to upgrade the mirrored Corp db to upgrade which is a mirrored subset... that way a minimal amount of developement would be required to change the field columns that changed... or should we do this by hand... For those of you that do developement againt Oracle financials what is the best approach?

					Jon
					jglickma_at_lynx.dac.neu.edu