Re: Oracle Objects for OLE, missing functionality

From: Tyler J. Wilson <twilson_at_vines.colostate.edu>
Date: 1995/04/12

In article <ian.hollier.146.0015D449_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>, ian.hollier_at_daytonoh.ncr.com (Ian Hollier) says:

>Looking at Oracle Objects for OLE, and especially at the Dynaset object, how
>do you search the dynaset based on a key. I have a programming need to search
>the dynaset to see if a record exists so that I know if to add a new row or
>update the row in the dynaset. Can any one spread any light on this problem.
>
>Thanks Ian
>
>P.S. Anyone had any success doing stored procedures through OO4O, specifically
>data access.

You could build the dynaset with only the record you are looking for, i.e. build the SQL statement to only return the record you want. It will either return the record you are looking for or nothing. I then you can update or add respectively.

Tedious but hopefully helpful.

|"Skiing is life, the rest is detail."             |     \\
|"That which is understood need not be discussed." |      \\