Re: DBWR

From: Nilo Segura <nilo_at_cern.ch>
Date: 1995/04/12

In article <D6vt4y.63s_at_intermec.com>, donnab_at_intermec.com (Donna Bigler) writes:
>Nitin Vengurlekar (nitin_at_aadt.com) wrote:
>: What is the final word on having multiple DBWRs,
 when do I use more than one .
>: Thanks
>
> As far as I could tell NEVER!!
>There is a bug (with no patch) such that you can't
>take a tablespace offline if you have more than one DBWR.
>Don't know what other statements would also fail, doesn't seem to safe.
>This is for ver7.0.16.4, maybe 7.1.x will be okay???
>- Donna

Yes, there is patch if my memory does not fail, for 7.0.16 on Sun-Solaris machines. Sorry I do not recall the number. However, in Solaris you can tell Oracle to use asynchronous I/O, so you can safely forget about using multiple DBWR. In 7.1.x no problem, but stick to async I/O...

 Regards...

Nilo Segura Chinchilla                    *   e-mail nilo.segura_at_cern.ch
Computing and Network Division            *          nilo_at_sundb02.cern.ch
European Laboratory for Particle Physics  *   phone +41 +22 7674943
Geneva - Switzerland                      *

  "I am the one who steps from the shadows" - John Constantine